Like any floor covering, the Wood flooring will show signs of wear over time depending on the size and lifestyle of your family or business. By observing a few precautions and setting up a regular cleaning routine and maintenance program, you can expect years of beauty from your Lux Wood Floors. The following are examples of the reasonable and necessary maintenance you are expected to perform. They are not intended to be an exclusive list.
- It is very important, as well as a requirement under your Lux Wood Floors warranty, that the inside temperature for the areas where our flooring has been installed be kept between 60 and 80 degrees F and the humidity must be maintained between 30%-55% at all times throughout the year. Failure to keep the environment as such may cause damage to your flooring and such damage would not be a valid claim under our warranty.
- Lux Wood Floors prohibits the use of any adhesive tape on our flooring at any time during installation or thereafter. This includes tapes that are low-adhesion such as blue or green masking tapes. The use of any tape may void the warranty and no claims will be addressed in regards to defects in the finish as a result of the use of tape on our flooring.
- Extended periods of direct sunlight may cause your floor to fade and/or discolor. It is best to have protection, such as window tint, blinds, or curtains, to block extended periods of direct sunlight.
- Dust mop, sweep, or vacuum your Lux Wood Flooring regularly. If you sweep, use only a nylon broom. Use only suction vacuums with a soft brush attachment. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar.
- Do not use floor cleaning machines or steam cleaners.
- After sweeping or vacuuming your floor, wipe down the entire floor using a Swiffer type mop and vinyl cleaner such as Armstrong “Once and Done” or “Shine Keeper”, or an equivalent vinyl cleaning product. Do not use excessive amounts of cleaner.
- Spills and pet urine should be wiped up quickly and area cleaned using your vinyl cleaner.
- Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products, or other household cleaners that contain citrus oils, lemon oil, Tung oil, silicon, or ammonia. Our warranty does not cover damage caused by non-recommended products. Use of these and other such products may weaken the long-term performance of your Lux Wood Flooring.
- Do not use 2-in-1 cleaners with polish that may contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore gloss. Damage resulting from the use of these products will not be covered under our warranty and may produce unsatisfactory results on your Lux Wood Flooring.
- Make sure the legs of all tables, dressers, chairs, sofas, and the bottom of all furniture without legs have “soft felt pads” to help prevent scratches. Do not use plastic pads. The felt pads must be kept free of grit, and will periodically need to be replaced.
- Make certain that chair and furniture casters are clean and operate properly. A minimum 2"-wide vinyl or rubber surface where it comes in contact with the Lux Wood flooring is recommended. Clean wheels periodically to remove dirt and debris. It is best to use a smooth, clear plastic mat under rolling office chairs.
- Use exterior walk-off mats and small area rugs just inside your entry doors to help keep grit off of your floors.
- Keep your pet’s nails clipped.
- When moving furniture, it is best to pick up the piece, rather than sliding it across the floors.
- Do not roll or slide appliances across your floor without first protecting your floor with a small sheet of melamine or 1/8” doorskin or lauan plywood.
- Both men’s and women’s shoes should be properly maintained. Heels with an unprotected tip may cause damage to your Lux Wood Flooring.