Lux Wood Floors Warranty This warranty is extended to the original purchaser/end user ONLY and is not transferable. It is the responsibility of the installer and/or end user to inspect all planks prior to installation. Planks that are defective or visually not acceptable, should be discarded or possibly used in another location of the room. Lux Wood Floors accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects have been installed.
As wood is a natural product, industry standards allow a tolerance up to 5% for defective and or irregular planks. This warranty applies only to material that is in EXCESS of this 5% allowance.
IMPORTANT: Lux Wood Floors Installation Instructions and Maintenance Guidelines MUST be followed as a condition of this warranty. Any floor installed and/or maintained outside of Lux Wood Floors Installation Instructions and Maintenance Guidelines may void the warranty.
Structure Warranty Lux Wood Floors warrants that the flooring sold under this warranty is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacturing and that it conforms to Lux Wood Floors standard specifications for the product category. Lux Wood Floors further warrants that when installed and maintained according to Lux Wood Floors specifications and when used according to its intended purpose, the flooring will not delaminate, separate, buckle, or cup as a result of a manufacturing defect for the following years from date of purchase:
LIMITED LIFETIME RESIDENTIAL STRUCTURE WARRANTY. 10 YEAR LIMITED LIGHT COMMERCIAL LUX WOOD FLOORS WARRANTY
If your Lux Wood Floors product fails as a result of a manufacturing defect, Lux Wood Floors will replace or repair, at its option, the defective flooring at no cost to the original purchaser as long as the original purchaser still owns the property where the floor was installed. Lux Wood Floors warranty is only extended to flooring maintained in Normal Environmental Conditions. Meaning that the heating and ventilating systems are working to maintain an interior humidity level between 30% to 55% and a room temperature between 60ºF to 80ºF year round. Color variations, mineral streaks, and small knots are considered part of the natural character and beauty of wood flooring and are not considered manufacturing defects.
Lux Wood Floors warrants that the factory-applied finish is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacturing and that it conforms to Lux Wood Floors standard specifications for the finish. Lux Wood Floors further warrants that when maintained according to Lux Wood Floors Maintenance Guidelines and used for its intended purpose, the finish will not wear through to bare wood for the following years from date of purchase:
50 YEAR LIMITED RESIDENTIAL FINISH WARRANTY. 5 YEAR LIMITED LIGHT COMMERCIAL FINISH WARRANTY
Gloss reduction is not considered a manufacturing defect and is not included in this warranty. Finish warranty excludes any surface checks/splits caused by improper environmental conditions, scratches, indentations, and color change from indoor UV light or direct sunlight. Failure to follow Lux Wood Floors Installation Instructions and Maintenance Guidelines may void your warranty. Lux Wood Floors prohibits the use of any adhesive tape on the flooring at any time during installation or thereafter. This includes tapes that are specifically made for wood flooring, such as blue or green masking tapes. The use of any tape may void the Warranty and no claims will be addressed in regards to defects in the finish as a result of the use of tape on our flooring.
Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
- Damage due to a failure to maintain the environment at a humidity range of 30% to 55% and temperature of 60º to 80ºF year round.
- Checks, splits, delamination caused by improper environmental conditions. • Color variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character of flooring and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/or existing flooring.
- Due to color variations of product and/or display samples, Lux Wood Floors is not responsible for matching flooring to other wood products, such as cabinets, stair railings, trim and any existing moldings.
- Normal exposure to sunlight will bring about changes in the shading of any hardwood floor as the floor ages. Furniture and area rugs should be moved occasionally as they block sunlight and may give the appearance of discoloring under the rugs and furniture. Such discoloring is not a product defect.
- Damage caused by improper installation and/or maintenance and failure to adhere to Lux Wood Floors Installation Instructions and/or Maintenance Guidelines.
- It is the responsibility of the installer and/or the homeowner to inspect boards prior to installation. Lux Wood Floors accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when boards with visible defects have been installed.
- Damage such as indentations or scratches caused by furniture, appliances, pet claws, high heel shoes, spiked or damaged heels, cleats, sports shoes, pivot points (i.e. seating areas), wheel chairs, walkers, sand, pebbles, or other abrasive materials.
- Damage caused by installation over a water subfloor heating system with a surface temperature in excess of 80°. Lux Wood Floors are not approved to be installed over electrical heating systems.
- Damage due to water and/or moisture including but not limited to damage resulting from broken or leaking pipes, wet mopping, weather conditions, or natural disasters is excluded from Lux Wood Floors warranties.
- Insect infestation after product leaves our facility.
- Damaged caused by abuse, neglect, abnormal use or misuse, application of solvents, corrosives, or other chemicals, etc. or improper cleaning or using improper maintenance products.
- Squeaking, popping, and other noises are not covered by our warranty. Occasional noise is normal and can be expected on wood flooring, especially when nailed or stapled down. This is not considered a manufacturing defect.
- Minor surface cracks (checking), without structural failure, may appear in surface of floor, and can be expected. This is a typical characteristic of natural wood and not a basis of a claim against the manufacturer.
- Dimensional Changes: Throughout its life, wood will naturally expand and contract in response to the seasons and environment conditions in the home. Seasonal slight gapping and swelling can be expected, and is not a defect.
- Recoating or alterations to the original factory finish voids the finish warranty.
- Color variations, mineral streaks, and small knots are considered part of the natural character and beauty of wood flooring and are not considered manufacturing defects.
COLOR DIFFERENCES/SHOWROOM SAMPLES
Color change due to the effect of excessive exposure to sunlight, UV Rays, and lighting can cause considerable differences between your dealer’s display samples and new or existing flooring. End Users must approve the color of the actual flooring delivered BEFORE installation, as Lux Wood Floors warranty does not cover color differences between showroom samples and delivered flooring.
Customer Claim Policies
- Claim must be presented by the original Dealer/Distributor that purchased the material through Lux Wood Floors.
- Claim must have Dealer/Distributor’s invoice number from Lux Wood Floors for the purchased flooring.
- Lux Wood Floors must be given the opportunity to inspect the claim before any removal or repairs are made. Any repairs or replacements made prior to a Lux Wood Floors inspection will invalidate the claim filed.
Any claims against Lux Wood Floors products must be made by contacting your retailer within 30 days after discovering the damage. Proof of purchase, including the date of purchase and invoice number, must be presented to make a claim. All claims must be filed through your Lux Wood Floors Dealer. If Lux Wood Floors accepts a claim; Lux Wood Floors will either repair or replace, as its option, the damaged flooring. If the damaged flooring on an approved claim is no longer available, Lux Wood Floors will refund the amount of money paid for the represented amount of damaged flooring, to the end user. This warranty is not transferable and extend only to the original end user.
Disclaimer - Term of Use
LUX WOOD FLOORS DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING DOWNTIME, LOSS OF USE OF FLOORING/FACILITIES/EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF PROFIT OR REVENUE. BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT. THE ABOVE REMEDIES ARE THE CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR CLAIMS ON THIS PRODUCT. This warranty constitutes the entire agreement of the parties, and no waiver or amendment shall be valid unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Lux Wood Floors. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.
NOTE: Lux Wood Floor cannot under any circumstances be responsible for installation, repainting, refinishing or other similar activities necessary to complete the replacement or any cost associated with the resolve of wood floors claims.
NOTE: EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, LUX WOOD FLOORS SHALL NOT PAY FOR THE COST OF LABOR, INSTALLATION, FINISHING, PAINTING, SHIPPING ETC. OF THE REPLACEMENT OF THE ORIGINAL WOOD FLOOR PRODUCT OR FOR ANY OTHER COST RELATING TO THE REPLACEMENT OF THE WOOD FLOOR PRODUCT, ALL OF THESE COSTS DESCRIBED SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON MAKING THE WARRANTY CLAIM
THE REMEDIES FOR THE BUYER DESCRIBED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE and take the place of any other remedy. The liability of the Manufacturer, whether in contract or tort, under warranty, product liability, or otherwise, will not go beyond the Manufacturer’s obligation to repair or replace, at its option, as described above. THE MANUFACTURER WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, including (but not limited to) damage or loss of other property or equipment, personal injury, loss of profits or revenues, business or service interruptions, cost of capital cost of purchase or replacement of other goods, or claims of third parties for any of the foregoing.
Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so above limitation may not apply to you.
No employee, distributor, dealer, representative, or other person has the authority to modify any term or condition contained in this Limited Warranty or to grant any other warranty on behalf of or binding on the Manufacturer, and anyone’s attempt to do so will be null and void.
Limitation of Liability.
This Limited Warranty sets forth the maximum liability for our products. IN NO EVENT (INCLUDING WHERE THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS DEEMED NOT TO APPLY TO THE SALE OR PRODUCT IN QUESTION) SHALL LUX WOOD FLOORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE SALE, INSTALLATION OR USE OF ANY LUX PRODUCTS. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages for consumers, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Limitation of Remedy.
THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE BUYER OR USER, AND THE SOLE LIABILITY OF LUX AND SELLER FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, INJURIES OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING CLAIMS BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM THE SALE, INSTALLATION OR USE OF THESE PRODUCTS, SHALL BE, AT THE OPTION OF LUX WOOD FLOORS, TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT OR THE RETURN OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT, AS PROVIDED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF LUX WOOD FLOORS OR SELLER EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT.
Replacement product shall be a reasonably similar current product and may not exactly match the original. Even where Lux Wood Floors chooses to repair or replace product within one (1) year of the date of sale, the costs covered by this warranty do not include any labor or material costs associated with finishing space surrounding or adjacent to the repaired or replaced product including furnishing any trim or other carpentry work. Replacement product provided pursuant to this Limited Warranty shall be subject to the applicable Lux Wood Floors Product Limited Warranty only for the remainder of the original warranty period on the product being replaced. If Lux Wood Floors or Seller provides any of the remedies identified in the Limited Warranties above (i.e., repair, replacement of product or refund of the purchase price), then Buyer and/or User agree that this limitation of remedy shall not have failed of its essential purpose.
Lux Wood Floors grants this warranty only to the original purchaser of the door and the original purchaser of the building where the door was installed. THIS WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.
LUX is not responsible for or makes no warranty to: Installation inconsistent with LUX Installation Instructions:
- Damage resulting in whole or in part from installation inconsistent with Lux Wood Floors Installation Instructions.
- Altered or reinstalled products.
- Combinations not built by LUX or not built in accordance with Lux Wood Floors recommendations for mulling and combining Lux Wood Floors products.
ADDITIONAL WARRANTY INFORMATION
Lux Wood Floors products labeled with the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) Energy Performance label are tested in accordance with NFRC standards. NFRC ratings are based on a combination of computer simulations and physical testing of product samples. For details on NFRC energy performance ratings, go to NFRC.org.
II. Entire Agreement.
With the exception of a written statement signed by an authorized Lux Wood Floors representative, this Limited Warranty and all terms contained herein constitutes the entire agreement between LUX/Seller and Buyer/User. This Limited Warranty, including all Limitations of Liability contained herein, are made a part of any such written agreement, unless expressly excluded therein. By purchasing or using the product covered by this Limited Warranty, Buyer and User agree that they are not relying on any oral statements made by anyone that are in any way contrary to this Limited Warranty.
III. No Amendment Except in Writing.
LUX and Seller offer this product, and Buyer and User accept it, subject to the foregoing Warranty, which may be modified only by written agreement signed by a duly authorized representative of Lux Wood Floors.
IV. Venue and Choice of Law
Any persons and entities that choose to enforce this warranty agree that all matters, disputes, or transactions arising from the use of this warranty shall be governed by California law and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of courts state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California. Any dispute under this agreement shall have venue in the courts of Los Angeles, CA.
If any part of this warranty is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of remaining provisions. Lux Wood Floors, Corp. may revise this warranty at any time by updating this page.
VI. CLAIMS UNDER THESE WARRANTIES
Prompt Notice of Claim.
Within the warranty period, Buyer or User shall notify Lux Wood Floors immediately and in no case more than one (1) year after any defect or other basis of a claim covered by these Limited Warranties is discovered or should have been discovered. Any claims otherwise covered by the foregoing warranties, but for which LUX did not receive notice within one (1) year from the time the problem first became known, shall be barred.
Additional Claims Related Issues and Policies:
- Missing Items: All missing items or incomplete deliveries must be reported within 48 hours, or (2) days from receipt of material. Lux Wood Floors cannot be responsible for materials lost, stolen, or damaged while on site. We will reject all claims for missing items after 48 hours of receipt.
- Product Damage (not visible from outside packaging) : All product damage must be reported within 48 hours, or (2) days from receipt of material. Customer is not to stain, prep, or modify damaged product whatsoever; any modification made to a damaged item will render a claim null and void.
- Freight Damage and Handling: Any package, crate, pallet, or parcel that is visibly damaged, or the contents within appear to be damaged in freight must be marked on the bill of landing at the time the material is received and delivery from carrier is to be refused.
Limited Warranty Claim Procedure.
Claims under these Limited Warranties may be made in writing to Lux Wood Floors Corporation, Claims Department Lux Wood floors, 2746 Vail Ave. Commerce, CA 90040, or by calling for service at (844) 999-2626. Claims to LUX should include the following information:
- Claimant’s name, address and phone number, and the installation address (if different);
- A description of the product, purchase price, date and location of purchase, and copies of invoices;
- A description of the product concerns (photos may be included); and
- A brief summary of attempts made to address the concerns.
- A completed Lux Wood Floors Claim's Form
If you have any questions regarding any portion of this Warranty, or if you wish to inquire, regarding rights of use not explicitly granted herein, please direct questions via email to Info@luxwoodfloors.com.